Angus McDonald is the world's greatest detective and a friend of Magnus, Merle, and Taako. He is a very good, well respected, clever, smart and talented boy. Overall a very very good boy! Angus has exceptional deductive reasoning skills and is skilled at solving puzzles and piecing clues together. He uses a book of interception to detect magic used for deception. The party (particularly Merle) regularly pick on Angus in a joking manner by saying his name wrong and stealing Angus' belongings from him.
Murder on the Rockport Limited Edit
The party first meets Angus on the Rockport Limited train when he offers to help the party solve the murder on the train.
Angus shares with the party that he is transporting a silverware set that he wants to return to his dying grandfather. Taako tells Angus that they were only able to reclaim 3 forks from the train, but in actuality, Taako stole the rest of the silverware set and sold it at Fantasy Costco.
Lunar Interlude 2 Edit
In Lunar Interlude 2, the party finds out that Angus has been hired by the Bureau of Balance as a seeker and will be working with the party to provide critical intel and support throughout their various missions. Later on, it is clarified that Angus joined the Bureau of Balance because he was such a good detective that had been hired to figure out many of the mysterious holes in people’s memories that he was edging his way toward either unraveling a Bureau of Balance conspiracy or working for them.
The Crystal Kingdom Edit
Powers and Abilities Edit
This smart and beloved boy is great at detective work and riddles! He also knows some spells after he started learning magic from Taako in Lunar Interlude 3.
The following are the spells known by Angus.
Please note, that most low-level spells can be cast at an additionally higher level for a stronger effect.
Cantrips are spells which can be cast at any time. Angus knows 3 of these.
|Name||Synopsis||School||Number of Times Used||Episodes Used|
|Mage Hand||A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within range. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial.||Conjuration||2||Ep. 40|
|Produce Flame||A flickering flame appears in your hand. The flame remains there for the duration and harms neither you nor your equipment.||Conjuration||1||Ep. 40|
|Prestidigitation||You create a shower of sparks, clean or soil a small object, print a symbol or color, etc.||Transmutation|
1st - 6th Level Edit
|Name||Synopsis||Level||School||Number of Times Used||Episodes Used|
|Disguise Self||You make yourself—including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person—look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it.||1st-level||Illusion||1|
|Silence||For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range.||2nd-level||Illusion||1||Ep. 59|
|Zone of Truth||You create a magical zone that guards against deception in a 15-foot-radius sphere centered on a point of your choice within range.||2nd-level||Enchantment||1||Ep. 59|
|Lightning Bolt||A stroke of lightning forming a line 100 feet long and 5 feet wide blasts out from you in a direction you choose.||3rd-level||Evocation||1||Ep. 67|
Current Items Edit
- Book of Interception
- Three forks and three spoons
- Hand crossbow
- Dusting kit, magnifying glass, grappling hook, and other sleuthing tools
- Magnus' grandfather's knife
Former Items Edit
- His grandfather's silverware collection
- A snack-size can of sour cream and onion Pringles, given to Taako, Merle, and Magnus to give to their roommate, Robbie
- Three "Caleb Cleveland: Kid Cop" novels, which he gave to Taako, Merle, and Magnus for Candlenights.
- Box of macaroons
- Taako's plastic sheriff's badge, given to Merle
Featured Episodes Edit
Fan Art Edit
- Griffin based Angus's voice on Keebler Youngblood from the Superego sketch, The Amtrak Heartland Flyer, Episode 3:9 (10:40)
- Angus is roleplayed to admit that he is a "...mad brony, yo" in one of the episodes of the Murder on the Rockport Limited arc. It is still unclear as to whether or not this is a joke.
- While technically unconfirmed, Griffin did express a particular fondness towards the fan-theory that Angus was actually a silver dragon in disguise the whole time, during The The Adventure Zone Zone: Balance Arc Finale.
- Angus knows spells that are not on the Wizard spell list: Produce Flame and Zone of Truth. Wizards do not have an ability to gain spells from other classes without a feat such as Magic Initiate, which only allowed one to choose from a single class's list. However, a 6th level College of Lore Bard could have the same spells as Angus by utilizing the Additional Magical Secrets class feature and taking Produce Flame from Druid and Lightning Bolt from Wizard.
- Angus was confirmed to most likely be Jewish in the Candlenights in Tacoma liveshow, when he appeared and greeted everyone with an exclamation of "Happy Hannukah, Sirs!"