Angus McDonald is apparently the world's greatest detective at just ten years old, and friend of Magnus, Merle, and Taako. He is a very good, well respected, clever, smart and talented boy. Angus has exceptional deductive reasoning skills and is skilled at solving puzzles and piecing clues together. He uses a book of interception to detect magic used for deception. The party (particularly Merle) regularly pick on Angus in a joking manner by saying his name wrong and stealing Angus' belongings from him.
Murder on the Rockport Limited Edit
The party first meets Angus on the Rockport Limited train when he offers to help the party solve the murder on the train.
Angus shares with the party that he is looking for a silverware set that he wants to return to his dying grandfather. Taako tells Angus that they were only able to reclaim 3 forks from the train, but in actuality, Taako stole the rest of the silverware set and sold it at Fantasy Costco.
Lunar Interlude 2 Edit
In Lunar Interlude 2, the party finds out that Angus has been hired by the Bureau of Balance as a seeker and will be working with the party to provide critical intel and support throughout their various missions. Later on, in episode 41, it is clarified that Angus joined the Bureau of Balance because he was such a good detective that had been hired to figure out many of the mysterious holes in people’s memories that he was edging his way toward either unraveling a Bureau of Balance conspiracy or working for them.
The Crystal Kingdom Edit
Powers and Abilities Edit
This smart and beloved boy is great at detective work and riddles! He also knows some spells after he started learning magic from Taako in Lunar Interlude 3.
The following are the spells known by Angus.
Please note, that most low-level spells can be cast at an additionally higher level for a stronger effect.
Cantrips are spells which can be cast at any time. Angus knows 3 of these.
|Name||Synopsis||School||Number of Times Used||Episodes Used|
|Mage Hand||A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within range. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial.||Conjuration||1||The Adventure Zone Presents: The Live Boston Stunt Spectacular|
|Produce Flame||A flickering flame appears in your hand. The flame remains there for the duration and harms neither you nor your equipment.||Conjuration|
|Prestidigitation||You create a shower of sparks, clean or soil a small object, print a symbol or color, etc.||Transmutation|
1st - 6th Level Edit
|Name||Synopsis||Level||School||Number of Times Used||Episodes Used|
|Disguise Self||You make yourself—including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person—look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it.||1st-level||Illusion||1|
|Silence||For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range.||2nd-level||Illusion||1||Ep. 59|
|Zone of Truth||You create a magical zone that guards against deception in a 15-foot-radius sphere centered on a point of your choice within range.||2nd-level||Enchantment||1||Ep. 59|
Current Items Edit
- Book of Interception
- Three forks and three spoons
- Hand crossbow
- Dusting kit, magnifying glass, grappling hook, and other sleuthing tools
Former Items Edit
- His grandfather's silverware collection
- A snack-size can of sour cream and onion Pringles, given to Taako, Merle, and Magnus to give to their roommate, Robbie
- Three "Caleb Cleveland: Kid Cop" novels, which he gave to Taako, Merle, and Magnus for Candlenights.
Featured Episodes Edit
- Ep. 12: Murder on the Rockport Limited - Chapter Three
- Ep. 13: Murder on the Rockport Limited - Chapter Four
- Ep. 14: Murder on the Rockport Limited - Chapter Five
- Ep. 15: Murder on the Rockport Limited - Chapter Six
- Ep. 16: Murder on the Rockport Limited - Chapter Seven
- Ep. 28: Lunar Interlude 2 - Internal Affairs
- Ep. 29: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter One
- Ep. 31: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Three
- Ep. 32: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Four
- Ep. 33: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Five
- Ep. 39: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Eleven
- Ep. 40: Lunar Interlude III - Rest & Relaxation
- Ep. 41: The Eleventh Hour - Chapter One
- Ep. 50: Lunar Interlude IV - The Calm Before The Storm
- Ep. 51: The Suffering Game - Chapter One
- The Adventure Zone Presents: The Live Boston Stunt Spectacular
- The Adventure Zone: MaxFunCon East Live
- Ep. 59: Lunar Interlude V - Reunion Tour - Part Two