|“||Someone flies, someone dies. Seriously, this week someone flies and someone dies. It's the Adventure Zone!||”|
Full transcript available here.
In this, the thrilling conclusion to our first Adventure, Merle, Taako, and Magnus pursue their engulfed employer into the heart of Phandalin. Will they be able to douse him before things get out of hand? Also, are you going to finish that Luna Bar?
Time to go! Edit
They loot 4 bags of gold from the ruffians from Ep. 5, and head into Phandalin, a city in distress. Gundren has burned a path straight into the front door of a bar. Inside the bar, it's exceptionally bright and they can hear Barry Bluejeans.
Barry comes barreling out of the bar, ducking a fireball as he exits. Barry entreats them to try to calm him down, and Killian agrees.
They try talking him down. Taako tries to charm him, and it fails. Gundren's eyes are just fire.
Merle walks up, talks to him calmly, reminding them that they're cousins, of the same blood line. Merle tries to explain that he can help him control the glove, calling upon old, shared memories of holidays at Aunt Blarg's house to try to calm Gundren. It almost, almost works...
...until he gets shot with an arrow shot from Kurtze's bow. Welp.
Gundren goes even more Super Sayan, demanding to know who did this. Merle says it wasn't an orc, and Barry says it wasn't him, only to have Gundren put out a flaming hand and crash Barry to the ground, killing him instantly.
Really, Though, Time to Go! Edit
WIP -- 18:37
The Money Zone Edit
Sponsored by Audible.
Featured NPCs Edit
Featured Locations Edit
- The Moon??
Good ol' Aunt Blarg Edit
- MERLE: [soothingly] Now Gundren... you know me. Remember Christmases at Aunt Blarg’s house? Remember, and we’d sit around and drink mulled wine...
- GUNDREN: I miss her so much!
- MERLE: Oh, Aunt Blarg! She was a good woman!
Not Barry! Edit
- KILLIAN: Time to go!
- GRIFFIN: And starts, uh, running towards the center of town, as Gundren just sort of keeps growing, and you hear her shout:
- KILLIAN: C’mon c’mon c’mon! [louder, more frantic] C’mon c’mon c’mon c’mon!
- MAGNUS: No.
- TAAKO: What about Barry?
- GRIFFIN: Barry’s dead.
- MAGNUS: I’m not leaving with all these people here.
- GRIFFIN: Barry’s super dead.
- TAAKO: Well I’m not leaving without Barry.
- GRIFFIN: You look at her and she’s pointing at the center of town, at a well. She says:
- KILLIAN: [panicked, quickly] Get to the well, get to the well, get to the well, get to the well! Get to the well!
- ↑ Over 9000? Is that a reference I could make here?