Kravitz is a bounty hunter working for The Raven Queen (not to be confused with The Raven). Kravitz is presumed to reside within the Astral Plane. He speaks with a Cockney accent, but only when he's working.
Bounty Hunter Edit
Known Roles Edit
Kravitz's job is to track down and return souls who did not check in to The Astral Plane. He reforms them in The Eternal Stockade until they have accepted their deaths and can move on to the next stage of death.
It is likely The Eternal Stockade is made of Godstone and is much like Shadar-kai or Sorrowborn fortresses.
Due to Kravitz's physical description and job, it is possible that he is one of the two material aspects of The Raven Queen. This would mean he both is and is not The Raven Queen herself. Aspects can have different personalities and powers from the gods, but are ultimately considered just another face of the gods they represent.
As described in Episode 38 - The Crystal Kingdom Chapter Ten, Kravitz has two known forms.
His first form takes that of a strikingly handsome dark haired man wearing a fancy suit that is covered by a long black, flowing cowled robe.
His second known form sheds the human aspect and becomes skeletal with glowing red eyes.
Early Life Edit
Not much has been revealed about Kravitz beyond what he told Taako in episode 50:
Kravitz: I was given a pretty difficult choice when I was faced with the career of being a bounty hunter for the goddess of death. I didn't grow up wanting to be that, of course.
Taako: Who does?
Kravitz: No. I wanted to be a conductor. But unfortunately, you know, just... life finds a way... or death, I guess, the goddess of death.
Taako: In this case specifically, yeah, death.
Lunar Interlude IV Edit
The Suffering Game Edit
In Episode 56, Kravitz is seen being drowned by a thick tar-like liquid in the Astral Plane.
Lunar Interlude V Edit
Fortunately, as of Episode 58, it has been shown that Kravitz has freed himself from the tar-like liquid. Unfortunately, he is still trapped in the Astral Plane unable to communicate with The Raven Queen or the boys.
Featured Episodes Edit
- Ep. 30: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Two
- Ep. 34: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Six
- Ep. 36: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Eight
- Ep. 38: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Ten
- Ep. 39: The Crystal Kingdom - Chapter Eleven
- Ep. 49: The Eleventh Hour - Chapter Nine
- Ep. 50: Lunar Interlude IV - The Calm Before The Storm
- Ep. 56: The Suffering Game - Chapter Six
- Ep. 58: Lunar Interlude V - Reunion Tour - Part One
Fan Art Edit
- Kravitz wanted to be a conductor before he became a bounty hunter for The Raven Queen.
- During his Crystal Kingdom appearances, Kravitz changes accents: "I’ve got to switch between different accents to trick my prey! That’s not true. It’s just a fun little character trait I’ve got... I can also do a bunch of fun Michael Winslow-style sound effects."
- His hands are very cold.
- Kravitz was named after twitter user @mackravitz
- Fans have speculated that Kravitz could be Edward's and Lydia's brother and that Keetz is simply a shortened form of his name. This theory can be backed up by the fact that in the second The The Adventure Zone Zone, Griffin revealed that during the finale of The Suffering Game, Magnus was originally supposed to end up in the astral plane and have a side adventure that involved Kravitz. However, whether this truly means that Kravitz is connected to Edward and Lydia remains to be seen.