Lenny Manolito is a Human Bard and one of the three player characters in the (K)nights MaxFunDrive bonus campaign. He is played by Clint McElroy. His goal is to open his own venue to put Tom Collins out of business, due to a beef he's had with him ever since he was fired and blackballed by him. Until that day comes, Lenny will always make sure to go out of his way to make Tom miserable. Even to his own detriment.
Early Life Edit
Lenny was once a famous musician in the Jaden-Province region. However, he ended up doing something that not only got him fired from performing at Tom Collin's bar, but also black balled from every other establishment in the Commons. This would force him to perform on the street corners for copper coils.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Class Features Edit
- Bardic Inspiration: Lenny can inspire others through stirring words or music, giving that person or creature one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. With that die, once within the next 10 minutes, the person can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes.
- Jack of All Trades: Lenny can add half his proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check he makes that doesn’t already include his proficiency bonus.
- Song of Rest: Lenny can use soothing music or oration to help revitalize his wounded allies during a short rest. If he or any friendly creatures who can hear his performance regain hit points at the end of the short rest by spending one or more Hit Dice, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points.
- Expertise: Lenny chooses two of his skill proficiencies. His proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check he makes that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.
The following are the spells known by Lenny.
Please note, that most low-level spells can be cast at an additionally higher level for a stronger effect.
Cantrips are spells which can be cast at any time. Lenny knows 1 of these.
|Name||Synopsis||School||Number of Times Used||Episodes Used|
|Vicious Mockery||You unleash a string of insults laced with subtle enchantments at a creature you can see within range.||Enchantment||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2016|
1st - 6th Level Level Edit
|Name||Synopsis||Level||School||Number of Times Used||Episodes Used|
|Polymorph||This spell transforms a creature that you can see within range into a new form.||4th-level||Transmutation||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017|
|Disguise Self||You make yourself—including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person—look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it.||1st-level||Illusion||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017|
|Dissonant Whispers||You whisper a discordant melody that only one creature of your choice within range can hear, wracking it with terrible pain.||1st-level||Enchantment||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017|
|Hypnotic Pattern||You create a twisting pattern of colors that weaves through the air inside a 30-foot cube within range, and charms enemy creatures.||3rd-level||Illusion||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017|
|Dispel Magic||Choose one creature, object, or magical effect within range. Any spell of 3rd level or lower on the target ends.||3rd-level||Abjuration||0|
|Healing Word||A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier.||1st-level||Evocation||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017 Part 2|
|Tasha's Hideous Laughter||A creature of your choice that you can see within range perceives everything as hilariously funny and falls into fits of laughter if this spell affects it.||1st-level||Enchantment||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017 Part 2|
|Illusory Script||You write on parchment, paper, or some other suitable writing material and imbue it with a potent illusion that lasts for the duration.||1st-level||Illusion||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017 Part 2|
|Unseen Servant||This spell creates an invisible, mindless, shapeless force that performs simple tasks at your command until the spell ends.||1st-level||Conjuration||1||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017 Part 2|
Items both currently owned and lost by Lenny.
Current Items Edit
These are items currently within Lenny's possession as of the most recent episode.
|The Fagen Blaster||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2016||Weapon/Musical Instrument||A steam powered (or punk powered) keytar.|
|The Tingle Ring aka The TingleRingle||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017||Magical Artifact/Jewelry||Given to Lenny by Terra; Sends faint buzzes to the wearer when traps are near.|
Former Items Edit
These are items which were lost or given away.
|Item||Episode Acquired / Episode lost||Item Type||Notes|
|Magic Earpiece||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2016||Magical Artifact; Tool||Allows the wearer to hear Canis's voice. Troth ripped it away from Lenny and gave it to Tom.|
|Red Crystal||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2016 / The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017||Magical Artifact||Gives +5 to Acrobatics for 15 minutes, daily. Given back to The Beasts of the Ring after his time in The Gauntlet.|
|Magic Eyepiece||The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2016 / The Adventure Zone MaxFunDrive Bonus 2017||Magical Artifact; Tool||Allows Canis to see through the wearer's eye. Originally belonged to Tom, but was given to Lenny by Troth. Given back to The Beasts of the Ring after his time in The Gauntlet.|
Lenny often breaks out into song, singing parodies of existing songs that suit the situation. Here are all the songs Lenny has sung so far. All of them. All. Of. Them. In order:
- "These Boots Are Made for Walkin" by Nancy Sinatra
- "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John
- "Heart and Soul" by Hoagy Carmichael
- "Irreplaceable" by Beyoncé
- "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads
- "Soul and Inspiration" by Righteous Brothers
- "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses
- "Light My Fire" by The Doors
- "My Eyes Adored You" by Frankie Valli
- "I Can See For Miles" by The Who
- "Axel F" by Harold Faltermeyer
- "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath
- "Talk to the Animals" from Doctor Dolittle
- "Rock-a-bye Baby" which is technically a nursery rhyme, please don't fight me.
- "Beauty and the Beast" from Beauty and the Beast
- "Magic" by Olivia Newton-John
- "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin
- "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" by The Beatles
- "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" from Evita
- "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" from Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies
- "Doctor! Doctor!" by Thompson Twins
- "With or Without You" by U2
- The Fagen Blaster is named after Donald Jay Fagen, an American musician, singer-songwriter, and co-founder of the band Steely Dan.
- His name is definitely based off Lin-Manuel Miranda, a friend of the four McElroy's, who was also in the second part of the second episode of (K)nights.
- This lead to a lot of confusion in the second part when both Clint and Lin responded to "Lenny".